Entrepreneur Authority CEO David Omholt is featured in this month’s issue of QSR Magazine, which covers the quick service restaurant industry, in an article on 2012’s Best QSR Franchise Deals.
Here is a list of the top 10 brands from QSR Magazine’s list of best QSR franchise deals in 2012 and David’s commentary on several of those that made the cut:
1. Bojangles’ Famous Chicken ‘n Biscuits -- David Omholt, CEO of Texas-based Entrepreneur Authority, says Bojangles’ story keeps getting better. “It’s very rare to see ROI like theirs in the [quick-serve] space,” Omholt says, adding that the company’s “obvious bias for quality” has heightened its upward trajectory.
2. Bruegger’s -- Omholt says Bruegger’s healthy culture and “solid” unit economics propel systemwide success. Its appearance on Franchise Business Review’s most recent annual franchisee satisfaction survey, meanwhile, provides empirical evidence that Bruegger’s is as focused on having a compelling product as it is on maintaining productive relationships with franchisees, he says.
3. Dickey’s Barbeque
4. Freddy’s Frozen Custard & Steakburgers -- “[Freddy’s] low fees and above-average AUV are no longer a secret, and I think we’ll see them have a true national footprint in the coming years,” Omholt says. He adds that Freddy’s inviting, nostalgic décor and high-quality burgers have allowed the brand to hold its own in head-to-head marketplace battles against the likes of Steak ‘n Shake and In-N-Out Burger.
5. Moe’s Southwest Grill
6. Newk’s Express Café -- Omholt says Newk’s “tops anything I’ve seen in quite a while.” He says the combination of high-quality fare and low prices puts Newk’s in a strong position and predicts the chain will have more than 100 units within the next two years.
7. Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen -- Omholt credits the Popeyes franchise management team with cooking up impressive shareholder and franchisee value. “All of their key metrics from the annual report—revenues, net income, [earnings per share], free cash flow, same-store sales, etc.—demonstrate an impressive trend line,” he says.
You can hear David talk about franchising opportunities at our free July 26 webinar, Franchise Ownership as a More Stable Career Path. The webinar is free, but you need to pre-register, which you can do online by clicking on the linked seminar title.
You may also register by calling 866-246-2884.